Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Starting New

Well I have decided that Yvaine is just not working for the Cloudlover Haunted Vineyard Yarn.  So I frogged it  today and began the Multnomah by Kate Ray.  I think Yvaine's stitch patterns were just lost with the yarn colors.
I have received some fiber from Three Waters Farm.  It is 4oz of BFL top in the Couture colorway.  I think this may be a bit later in my spinning career as it doesn't draft super easily.  I am sure it is just me, but I love the colors and i would like to make some pretty yarn and not the thick and thin coiled mess I just recently made.
I also received 3 4oz bumps of Merino Wool Top from WCMercantile.  I got the Merlot, Pickle, and Patina colorways.  It is very soft and it may be the next thing on the wheel following my education with my sampler of fiber from Woolgatherings.
In the Woolgatherings sampler I got 1 oz of each of 16 breeds.  They are Romeldale, Polworth, Wensleydale, Black Jacob, Falkland, Brown Merino, Corriedale Cross, Grey Gotland, Shetland, Finnish, Icelandic, Grey Masham, Devon, Black Welsh, Cheviot, and Cormo.  I think I am going to start with the more scratchy stuff so if it doesn't work out, I won't be to disappointed.
Still working on the Socks and the sleeves are still not sewn in.  Oh well...  Off to do the laundry and more knitting on Multnomah

No comments:

Post a Comment